February 28, 2007
Happy blogiversary to me!
Some stats, in case anyone’s interested:
- Most prolific month: June 2006 (I had a tutoring job where I had internet access and not much to do…)
- Least prolific month: August 2006 (no comment)
- Biggest spike in readership: 153 views on 8 February 2007 (I submitted my Bridge to Terabithia post to the Carnival of Education)
- Next biggest spike: 109 views on 14 February 2007 (I titled a post “An overtly sexual person” and made “sex” one of its tags… it wasn’t deliberate, but it amused me all the same…)
- Total views (between my migration to WordPress in December, and 2:08 PM, 28 February): 2,959. I think this makes me, officially, a Q-list blogger. Evil Bender has had nearly 10 times as many hits–I don’t think he’s allowed to complain anymore.
WordPress also lists the search engine terms through which people find this blog. I get a lot of hits from searches relating to banned books, especially Bridge to Terabithia. Other search terms are less obviously connected to this blog; a sampling:
- “how to spell what a polite cough sounds [like]” (I would go with “ahem”)
- “dog breeding license muswellbrook” (huh?)
- “what is word for women sexual organs” (ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus, cervix, vagina, labia, vulva (includes the clitoris))
- “stephen king turns into a lizard” (cool!)
Here’s to another year of blogging–thanks for coming along for the ride!