December 10, 2007
I read the news today, oh boy…
- Victim: Gang-Rape Cover-Up by U.S., Halliburton/KBR (via Jeff)
- Nine child rapists go free in Australia (via Feministing)
- Prostitution ordeal of Iraqi girls (via Crooks and Liars)
- Toddler with “political hair” threatened with preschool expulsion (via Hoyden about Town)
- Religious vigilantes have killed 40 women in Basra (via Majikthise)
I’ve little doubt that I could find more to add, but that’s all I have the heart for at the moment. And before anyone asks, I’m linking to these stories not to depress anyone, but to raise awareness — which, as Liss points out, is rather like trying to empty the sea with a teaspoon, but I find that preferable to not saying anything.